Simple idea for an experiment.
- Register a trademark (or pick one you already own).
- Put the same piece of content on a bunch of hosts that uses the mark in order to criticize it—for example, if Wiklerpedia were trademarked, I could put up a bunch of sites that say “Wiklerpedia sucks! Boo Wiklerpedia!”
- Put my Wiklerpedia hat back on and send cease-and-desist letters to every host where I posted my Wiklerpedia Sucks page.
- Those WIklerpedia Sucks pages are perfectly legal—they don’t violate WIklerpedia’s trademark. But evil hosting providers will happily remove content on the basis of a C&D letter alone, in contrast to the good guys who actually take a look at the content and stick up for their users. So, pretty quickly, you find out who is evil and who is good.
- Announce the results of the study in an attention-grabbing way to shame the evildoers and praise the heroes.
- Repeat every so often until evil disappears from this earth.